W3I: Interesting Places

I've been looking through The Beyond and Vanguard Reaches, the Paranoia Press sector books and the Maps on the Traveller Map. Primarily trying to place my sons Star Wars Empire forces. I'm actually leaning towards the Trelyn Domain in Vanguard and Far Frontiers sectors.
Anyway in my searching I've discovered some interesting places, such as:
  • Thieves World/The Beyond 0902 this is that "Thieves World" with the City of Sanctuary and all.
  • Dorsai/The Beyond 0215 complete with mercenary training centre and.... oh, joy...... it's right next door to:
  • The Dunes/The Beyond 0316 with sietch communities and presumably Shai-hulud.  A good home for Rebel Mini's Sahadeen
  • Gor/The Beyond 0714 apparently it's not located on the opposite side of our sun, but here in The Beyond,
  • Nehwon/The Beyond 1416 with quite possibly a city named Lankhmar
  • Schloss Adler/The Beyond 1502 is apparently a Government Official's retreat, while
  • Drei Farben/The Beyond 1505 is supposed to have pleasure facilities (apparently named after Stuttgarts largest and oldest brothel, perhaps it is a 'brothel planet'. I can see ship's crew doing a little dance when they're told their next port of call is Drei Farben. 
  • Norstrilia/The Beyond 0619 from the Instrumentality of Man by Cordwainer Smith ( I haven't read this one). (It's been nerfed a bit)
  • There are several worlds with names from the Cthulhu mythos such as Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, Azathoth, etc. Nearby you will find Aytch Pe'el/The Beyond 0417 (HPL....H.P. Lovecraft)
I'm sure there's more........


Comments

Popular Posts