The Ventaurans are coming!

I had an order of Ventaurans arrive from Eureka Miniatures. They appear to be modelled very closely on the Zhodani Combat Armoured Troops depicted in Traveller. So I thought about organising them using a Zhodani TO&E, however I realised I'd need some extra figures for that.
The good thing about these figures, is that those figures posed with computers, ammo boxes or radios, have their weapon slung over their shoulder, unlike some ranges of figures. The rocket launcher figure has a pistol holstered instead a slung rifle.

Darkest Star Games Venturians are almost identical to Eureka's Ventaurans, they have more weapon types, but fewer poses. So I will order DSG's Venturians to fill out my Ventauran force.
I liked the Zhodani Combat Armour colour scheme below:


So I tried to paint my first squad in those colours,










unfortunately the black undercoat shows through the white and when I gave them a black wash, they darkened too much. So I touched up the white again and then gave them another dark wash. They look a little better.

I talked to my napoleonics mate about it later, he suggested I apply a clear coat over the black base coat and that would stop the black from showing through. He was a little vague about what sort of clear coat to use. The only clear coat I have is a water based varnish and sealer, so I'll give that a go on the next batch and see what happens.





Comments

Popular Posts