Coming along

I finished late last night and forgot to post pics of my progress, (I also forgot to put the garbage bin out).

I started tonight by glueing the arms onto the HAMR Mk I mech, there are four small pieces on a sprue, which I'll need to look at some pictures to figure out where to place them.





Next I used washers to start basing the Valonians, the 3/16" (M5) are just a touch small for these guys, so I may have to change them for a slightly larger washer.


After that I started assembling my NSL Panzergrenadier Fanbikes.





followed by two auto cannons for the Panzergrenadiers



 and four for the Ventaurans


I bought some blank coasters to cut up into bases, I thought they would be too thick compared to the washers and I was right, but for any models without a built in base, such as the autocannons, they work. I didn't realise this until a few moments ago when I compared their thickness to that of the pieces of ply I used for the PzGren ACs. They'll work for my other crew served weapons and a few mechs I have that have no bases.

Finally I got to paint, and I gave the Panzergrenadiers a black undercoat, but by the time I'd finished them it was already getting late,



so I decided to give the Ventaurans a black wash and see if that would suffice. They look as if they might be ok, the black has settled into the creases, just hope the next layers adhere to the figure without a full base coat underneath.



Even so, I didn't finish until about three in the morning.

That NSL officer being guarded by two Ventaurans, is actually a recovering casualty. I slipped while try to affix him to my painting stand and snapped his feet off at the ankles, the two guards are keeping him upright while the glue dries. Not sure if it will hold, he's broken both ankles twice now.

I'll update again tonight.

Five Alpha, out.

Comments

Popular Posts