No Plan survives the first encounter with the enemy

OK.. I planned to be much further ahead with my NSL Panzergrenadiers and Ventaurans. Unfortunately this week was the week everyone's immune system, decided to break down, so we have a virus making the rounds of the house, causing dizziness and vomiting. Not pretty and a tad unsettling apparently. Undoubtedly I'll find out for myself later.

I managed to make a start today. I had three small packets of 3/16" or M5 washers to use as bases. I selected a platoon of Panzergrenadiers, with 2 Anti-Armour Teams and 4 rather large 11 man squads of Ventaurans. I sat my granddaughter beside me, gave her two matchbox trucks, and a couple of metal mechs to play with while I glued the figures to the washers. Took me about an hour, occasionally shooing my granddaughters inquisitive fingers back over to the trucks. The mechs needed some minor repairs, after my granddaughter managed, rather effortlessly, I might add, to remove their arms. I actually ran out of glue, so I should have said 'I started with the PzGrens. and Ventaurans'.

Tonight, I started working on the bases with some multi-purpose filler and some course grade grit (or whatever it is called). In doing so I discovered a couple of figures I had accidentally missed and a couple I skipped because I need a different kind of base (prone figures) and one that the glue failed to adhere to.I did leave one squad of Panzergrenadiers without bases, you'll see them in the photos, they have a camouflage paint job. The camo paint job is too slow for the amount of figures I want to get ready, I need a quicker way to paint them, and I have a thing for Germans in grey. Besides my skills as a painter aren't up to doing good camouflage patterns, not yet at least.


I hope to undercoat them tomorrow and at least drybrush them with the basic uniform colours on Thursday.

Anyway this is what they look like now.



Comments

Popular Posts