The 6 P's

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I have been building several forces for my wargames, but I haven't really been working to a plan. I haven't set aside a specific time to paint miniatures and models. Because of this I've made little headway in assembling these forces. 

Currently I have Fleet Scale models from GZG, 6mm infantry and vehicles from GZG, and a mix of 15mm figures and models, mostly GZG, some Eureka and my son's Highlander Studios figures.

They are broken down as such:

For Full Thrust
1x NSL task force of 8 ships
1x Marshborn task force of 8 ships

with the following on the way:
1x Kra'Vak task force of 8 ships
1x FSE task force of 8 ships


For Dirtside
1x NSL Infantry Pack
3x Rommel Hover Tanks
2x Unidentified Mechs
4x Unidentified Large Mechs (these can double as small 15mm Mechs)


For Stargrunt
1x short company sized NSL Panzergrenadier Kampfgruppe (sans vehicles)
1x Ventauran Lift Infantry Platoon (sans VTOLs)
1x Imperial Trooper Platoon (my Son's)
1x Wittmann Hover Tank (edit)
2x Fan Trucks
2x Light Wheeled 4x4s
4x Unidentified small Mechs (these can double as large 6mm Mechs)
2x Unidentified large Mechs (one of which seems to lack weaponry)

with the following on the way from GZG:
7x packs of Kra'Vak
3x packs of Ixx
3x Packs of NSL Power Armour
1x pack of Phalons
1x pack of SF Egyptians
1x pack of Greys
1x pack of Xenomorphs
1x pack of Endoskeletal Combat Robots

and the following on the way from Rebel minis:
1x pack of Star Army: Pangalactic Legion
1x pack of Pangalactic Legion Shock Troopers
1x pack of 15mm Valonian Infantry
1x pack of Star Army: Earth Force Droptroopers
1x Earth Force Mk I HAMR Suit
1x Viper Mk I (Standing)
1x pack of Star Army: Kurgen
1x pack of The Scourge

Tomorrow I have the house to myself for awhile, so I plan to base and undercoat all my 15mm figures, (the NSL and Ventauran's at least, my son can paint his own).
Monday night I'll dry brush them Grey and White respectively.
Tuesday night, Wednesday night and Thursday night I'll be detailing them.


If I can stick to the plan I'll have a fair whack of them done by Friday night and we'll be able to play out our first scenario of Stargrunt.


I'll have to find time to finish some terrain features as well.

I'm going to try and post pictures each night, as I finish.

After next Friday I'll set one or more nights aside each week for painting, basing, building etc. Probably Sunday and Wednesday nights. This should allow me to get forces assembled reasonably quickly and/or prepare terrain and so forth for our games.

That's time organised, I believe I have materials organised for basing and painting, undoubtedly I'll find a shortfall somewhere, which I'll need to rectify. 
I also think I have all the necessary tools

I've been collecting packaging materials such as expanded polystyrene, bubble packs and other types of packaging suitable for use as moulds for terrain features and buildings. I am planning to purchase some sort of plaster (or the like) for this purpose.


That's all for now, I'll post again tomorrow night.



Comments

Popular Posts