New Arrivals

Ok received some parcels today I'll deal with the one from Rebel Minis in this post. I ordered 8 packs:
1. Star Army: Pangalactic Legion
2. Pangalactic Legion: Shock Troopers
3. 15mm Valonians
4. Star Army: Earth Force Platoon
5. Earth Force Mk I HAMR Suit
6. Viper Mk I (Standing)
7. Star Army: Kurgen Platoon
8. The Scourge

Now I ordered these on the 3rd of June, I messaged Rebel minis to enquire about the delay and was informed that they had a shortage of materials to cast the mechs and they offered to send the figures immediately and send the mechs as soon as they had been made. I opted to wait for the whole order to be assembled and sent as one parcel. Unfortunately they left out my Viper Mk I mech. I was a bit surprised about this and have sent them an email and fb message regarding it.
The delay was never really a concern, I understand time and materials can sometimes be an issue and will cause delays. I also understand that mistakes are made, and sometimes things get forgotten.
However I have to admit that I was a little disappointed upon opening the parcel, to discover that the figures have a considerable amount of flash and will need a fair bit of tidying up before painting.
As I said I was a little disappointed by the amount of flash, but what really disappointed me was the fact that Rebel Minis appear to be true to scale. Human sized figures measure 15mm foot to eye, the Valonians are 18mm but they are meant to be largish aliens. The problem with this is that I have figures from GZG and Eureka, all of which measure 16mm foot to eye, they're also a bit chunkier than the Rebel Minis figures.
The Valonians still appear imposing due to their size, but the remainder appear diminutive, not something you want in your Mangalores (Kurgen) or your Terminators (Scourge). It also makes the human Earth Force figures unacceptably frail looking in comparison.
The size difference is my own fault. Having never purchased from Rebel Minis before, I should have ordered a small sample of figures for comparisons before ordering big as I did.
I now have several platoons of diminutive aliens (I'm including the Earth Force pack here) in need of a home in my game universe. Perhaps I can use the Scourge as a type of scout terminator or something similar.
I'll be able to compare the Kurgen and Scourge with GZGs Alien Mercenaries I and Endoskeletal Combat Robots respectively in a few weeks, maybe then we'll see how they can fit together.

 A little blurry but this is everything in the parcel.

Earth Forces: HAMR Mk I Suit, (ignore the people mouse pad), has a little bit of flash but is relatively clean compared to the figures. 

I'm just guessing here but the figure moulds might be rather old and worn, compared to the mech moulds.


The Valonians, largish (18mm) aliens, are on a par for size with GZG Power Armour. I am thinking of writing them up as being nearly as effective as PA on the battlefield.

The Pangalactic Legion are a multi-species force, and my 3 year old granddaughter's chosen force.


More of my granddaughter's figures, these are the Pangalactic Legion: Penal Close Assault troops.

The Kurgen are remarkably similar to some rather vicious but ultimately ineffective alien mercenaries who caused Ruby Rod to scream in Corbin Dallas's ear.

The Scourge are a rather nasty bunch of skeletal combat robots.

and last but not least
Earth Force Platoon. These should be labelled Earth Force: Droptrooper Platoon.

Comments

Popular Posts