Scratch Build Drop Ship

I do the house work and look after my granddaughter (Subcommander Amelia) while my wife (the High Commander) works, (one of us had to look after the Subcommander and she easily makes four times what I can earn). Anyway, since I do the housework, I tend see all these containers, bottles, packs, boxes and other odds and ends which I hoard away, whenever the High Commander isn't looking. So I'd been eyeing off this bottle of Morning Fresh as a possible dropship hull, just waiting for it to be empty.

I envisioned a hull with four movable jet engines, similar to Skynet's Hunter-Killer drones. For engines, I'd collected some Yakult bottles, (the Subcommander will drink this stuff like water if you don't limit her to one a day). To them I planned to add the lids of those squeezable yoghurt packs the Subcommander likes so much.

Yakult bottles and squeezable yoghurt pack lids


  I began by attaching the lids to the Yakult bottles using a hot glue gun.

They look sort of like an engine.
 I needed an attachment point for each engine, and it just so happened that I had four of these curtain slides left over. 




 I realised that the Yakult engines were to big and would hit each other when horizontal.

 My solution was to mount two yoghurt lids together to make a small engine nacelle.



 They look about right here. The Yakult bottles will have to wait for me to think of something for them to become.

 So these photos here show the basic dropship with one of the Foreign Legionnaires standing nearby.


Next to the Legionnaire the dropship looks quite large. I think it's large enough to work as a heavy lift VTOL/dropship capable carrying one or more vehicles (smaller tanks), possibly a full platoon of infantry.

That's as far as I got today, I need to add some surface detail, exit ramps, a hatch or two, sensor domes, weapons, cockpit, etc. The search for suitable bits and pieces begins.

Five Alpha, out.


Comments

Popular Posts