Some assembly required

I've gotten a little motivated, at least enough to assemble some of the models that have been waiting for attention. I still don't have any bases for them, but at least I can put them together and get an idea regarding base sizes and have a bit of a think about painting schemes.

These airportable 'jeeps' are nifty little pieces of kit, seems like a lot of parts for such small models, 4 wheels, 2 separate axles, dash, front seat, bonnet/hood, and 2 choices of driver (two different gunners in V15-122G). There was very little flash and once cleared most parts fit together easily. With the axles I found that two of the models had one axle each, that was a very tight fit. I was lazy and forced them on, but a little work with a suitable file or modelling knife could have done the job as well. Still they are pretty cool once assembled.

 GZG's V15-122G Airportable weapons carrier jeep with twin autocannon mount.
Rat Patrol anyone?

GZG's V15-121G Extended airportable jeep with Generic crew.

 V15-120G Light airportable jeep with Generic crew


Next I did some GZG light utility G-sleds with weapons, pretty cool as well, dead easy to assemble, the weapon comes in three pieces, the sled is one piece, two driver options (helmet or cap) and two generic crew.
 
 GZG's V15-30B with Plasma Cannon

 GZG's V15-30A with Tri-Barrel Autocannon

 GZG's V15-30C with Missile System

Next I moved on to the AV-7 "FanVan" Utility Transport VTOLs, from GZG again.

 GZG's V15-80A AV-7 "FanVan" Utility Transport VTOL
I did see somewhere online an image of these fitted with grav pads (modded). An interesting idea and worth the effort to make, as the fans will have difficulty on worlds with thinner atmospheres than earth.

So I assembled all the previous models last night and left them on my desk for the glue to dry overnight. After breakfast I went into my study to find Subcommander Amelia playing with them.

 "What poppy?" "I am being very gentle"

 "Where's the girl one, poppy?"

 "Is this her?"

 "She goes in the back, here."

 "Time to go shopping with the family."

 "Here we go."

 "Here's a good parking spot."

 "Lets get out now and go shopping"

 "Oh, look another air/raft, let's steal it"


"Ok poppy, I'm done, you can play now"


After coming home tonight, having dinner and getting the Subcommander off to bed, I put a few more kits together.

These are from GZG, they are fairly new SG15-X20 Alien Mercs Heavy Machine Gun Teams to go with the two packs of Alien Mercenaries SG15-X05 and SG15-X08. The pack contains three 3-man/alien heavy machine gun teams. These guys make very good, not-Mangalores (The Fifth Element) or Space Orks. I'm going to use these as Urraug/Virraug as detailed in Tomorrow's War: By Dagger or Talon page 18.
 
 The gunner and team leader

 The loader and ammunition carrier


Last but not least, I assembled some HK's, from Alternative Armies Automata range, for my terminator-esque force.

 These HOF34 Tracked Heavy Automata or Tracked HK

 HOF35 Jet Flyer Automata or Flying HK
 
HOF35 Jet Flyer Automata or Flying HK. For some reason I am missing one tailplane for these. I'll have to search for it or scratch build one for the second HK. They also need flight stands.

Comments

Popular Posts