Military Forces of Auzhan Sector

    This is the first post in a series of posts that will detail the various military and paramilitary forces one can find within the Auzhan sector. 

    Each description will include data relevant to Classic Traveller RPG rules and a variety of wargame rules. As to which wargames rules, I have quite a few rules sets. My favourite rule set is Stargrunt II, and I couldn't do this without including stats for Striker. So I'll include stats for both rule sets and try my best to include stats for some of the following rules: Alien Squad Leader 3.0, Tomorrow's War, Full Thrust II, and Dirtside II.

    To calculate force strengths I  have a couple of tools to help me. Since I generally only use Books 1-2 In My Traveller Universe (IMTU), I can calculate the number and types of ships operating in any star system, subsector, and sector for a given period, using the starship encounter table (note: I am using the 1981 version). I use a spreadsheet to make this easier.

    For ground forces I use the tables in the JTAS article "Troops in the Fifth Frontier War", JTAS 10, pages 24-26, to determine numbers and possible offworld capabilities.

    Each worlds UWP will have some effect on the types of forces available. For example a water world is likely to have considerable wet navy assets, a desert world, none (or might use giant sandworms as a kind of ship). While a vacuum world's forces are more likely to be considered marines, because the army career does not offer vacc suit skill.

    Other considerations may come to mind as I work through these, but we'll start with those listed above.

    I'll also try to provide a list of suggested miniatures where possible.

Comments

Popular Posts